April 14, 2012

Avocado Arts group post!

XXX


Today the WHOLE crew is sharing projects using the April set which includes sneaks from May's set as well!!


Mothers day is nearing, so I am trying to make a few card ahead of time to have ready to go!

 I started with paper from the new Double Dutch line from Lily Bee.  I stamped the stitched flower from April's set in Cookie Dough ink from ClearSnap over the gingham pattern.

I attached some seam binding in layers on my card front using DODZ™ and Crafty Power tape.   (Cut a strip just a tad longer than card length.  Attach the first layer to card using Crafty Power Taper, secure edges from back side.  Cut a second strip, fold edges over and secure with a DODZ, repeat on other end, and secure to card with Crafty Power Tape just in the middle section, repeat for third layer, making each layer shorter than the previous.)
I then stamped the sentiment, flower, and leaves from the May set onto my white Labels Eighteen die from Spellbinders.  Finished it off with some Baby Bling pearls from Want2Scrap.



Make sure to check out the rest of the teams projects today, and the AA blog/FB page/website


        -The Pit Crew-
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Kelli Hull said...

The ink in cookie dough just does the right amount of oomph on this card AJ! It's beautiful!!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty, AJ! I love those papers and the way you framed the sentiment!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, AJ!!!! This is an amazing card! I LOOOOVE those dies with the sentiment and flower--and I LOVE the second flower image as the background! Amazingx10!!!!

Laurie said...

This is so pretty! I love that background and the soft colors!

kdnkdd said...

So very pretty.