April 9, 2012

Happy Everything...

It's a trifecta today- I managed to do a card for three different challenges today-  I don't play in as many challenges as I would like to, so I was pretty stoked when I finished!

A couple of these challenges are new to me, and one is new period!  I decided I needed to play along with MD's new A Blog Named Hero challenge, the second is for the Retro Sketches #6 challenge, and the last the Less is more Week 62 Color challenge- I am not even sure how I stumbled across this one, but I definitely love a less is more card!


For my card today, I embossed the white panel with the Spellbinders ES-001 So Trendy M-Bossabilities and popped it up on 3D Foam squares to mount it to the green base.  The green flower is actually the S5-050 Rose Creations middle sized leaf fanned out into a flower shape.  The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Happy Day Animals set.

I will have to say, it was a bit challenging to NOT add some bling or ribbon to this one!!

enjoy! Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a super card AJ, just our style.
I do hope you'll be joining us again!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Scrapmate said...

A perfect CAS card.

Jingle said...

This is beautiful!

Helen in the UK said...

Beautifully done :)

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done.
You can view my card here.

Maureen……………x

Chari Moss said...

great clean & simple card

JeNjOy said...

Lovely card.
jenjoy x

GinaA said...

Very nice, the embossed backing is great and I love the way you have created the flower.

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

AJ, I love your beautiful card! That embossing is FAB! Thank you so much for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

Mandi said...

Simply super card


Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

A Blog Named Hero said...

Very elegant and lovely!

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Good lucK!
Linda

A Blog Named Hero

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! 3 challenges in one??? HOOOOORAY! Great job--love that background and those beautiful leaves! FAB!

kasia c. said...

I absolutely LOOOVE the look of those fanned out leaves! Awesome!
Thanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches. :)

kdnkdd said...

Very clean and simple.