June 14, 2012

Happy Fathers Day times two...

Today is the group post day for Avocado Arts, we are all sharing projects using the June set, and I have a sneak of the July set.

It's *right* around the corner! Are your ready?  Today I am sharing two cards, because really, you always have a father in law, or a brother, or grandfather, and one isn't enough.

 So, while making one, I figured, why not just make two with the same supplies, it's not like the men in our lives go around comparing cards, right?  I stayed with masculine colors and embellishments, and had to fight the urge to pop some bling on it! :)  The lines are from the July set, and not what they were intended for, but I like them as a background/border image!

I thought I would try using the same colors and stamps for this one, but wanted to add a pop of color that much patterned paper need to be lightened up a bit.  I stamped the line image from July's set on the wood paper from Creative Imaginations (LOVE that stuff!) and added the button and flags, still no bling! ;)


And today marks Sav's last post with us, and while we will miss her dearly, she will definitely still be very close and creating just as much!


Make sure to check out the rest of the teams projects today, and the AA blog/FB page/website



        -The Pit Crew-
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

These are amazing, AJ! I love your colours and designs. I briefly considered making Father's Day cards, too, but they didn't amount to anything. I may just have to case yours! ;)

Victoria H. said...

These are fabulous! I love how you showed two cards with the same materials but different looks. What a great job.

~amy~ said...

Love them both!

~amy~ said...

Love them both!

Jingle said...

Wow! I absolutely love these!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOVE these papers! LOVE your die cut pieces--FAB pop of color! YOU ROCK:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!