August 7, 2012

Samantha Walker Creative Team Hop


Welcome to our Samantha Walker Creative Team Monthly Blog Hop!  You should have arrived here from Cristal's blog, if not, head you can start at Samantha's blog!


Today I am sharing a quick mini book I made for my daughter's upcoming school year using Samantha's A to Z Collection, and some of her Spellbinders products.


 My daughter definitely loves to craft, so I decided to make her her own mini book she can add to.  I cut the A to Z papers to 5 X 7 in size and either left them as is, or adhered them to another piece so that the colors were somewhat alternating.  The front uses some of the stickers also in the same collection.

 I have left spaces for her to write in and fill in as she wants, for the things she wants to save or document.   On the right side, I used the negative from her S5-073 Orchard Harvest Tags and Accents die set from Spellbinders.

Here on the left, I also used the Orchard Harvest dies.  On the right, I spelled her name out with the letter stickers.

  I won't explain each photo since they're pretty self explanatory, here's a closer shot of the stickers and die layered onto each other.



On the right page, is the die from the Orchard Harvest set. 

 She has her main teacher, and a different math teacher, both are stickers as well.  On the right, the die cut is from the S5-072 Blossom Tags & Accents.

 The frame is one LARGE sticker with a separate frame which I really liked, so I kept them together.  ;)  


 Here's a closer shot of the right side, here I embossed the striped patterned paper with the GI-004 Fancy Flourish Impressabilities.


 and the back page.  I just used a simple ring to hold it together in case we need to add any more pages through out the year! ;)


This months prize is an Ooh La La French Frills stamp set from JustRite Stamps

To enter to win this, and to be eligible for the FREE SVG/Silhouette file, just leave a comment on my blog between August 8th 12:01 am MDT and 11:59 pm MDT, August 12th, 2012. Winner will be announced on Samantha's Facebook page on Monday August 13th.


For additional entries to win:

1. Receive an additional entry for commenting on each of the other blogs in the blog hop.

2. Go here and follow Samantha Walker's blog.

3. Follow her on Facebook.

4. Sign up for an e-mail subscription to Samantha's blog and you will automatically receive a link the free SVG cutting file below that you can download and use on your personal electronic cutter. Link will be e-mailed early next week.


To receive the additional entries, and get the link to the free SVG file, mention in your comment on Samantha's blog that you have done so! (If you are already signed up, you need to give us the first part of your e-mail address that is on the subscribe list…so that we can find it and send you the SVG.)

That is 13 chances to win!

Make sure you head on over to Eva's blog next!!



all products used were Samantha Walker Designs products
Pin It Now!

21 comments:

Sue D said...

Very cute idea--I am sure your daughter loves it.

Margie said...

Great mini, I love it!

Linh C. said...

Super cute to use and treasure!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is adorable! Your daughter must be having a great time with it! Love this collection!

Jingle said...

This is so cute!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Super cute mini album! You'll have so much fun filling it up and she can help!!! : )

Alice Carman said...

Adorable mini!

silvia said...

Fabulous mini!!!

Eva said...

This is so stinking cute AJ!!! Love it!

Lisa said...

What an awesome mini!! The papers and embellishments you used are fabulous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jennifer said...

What a cute idea! I love all the colors and embellishments! What I like best is that it's done where your child can fill it in on their own to really make it theirs. Very creative!

Angi said...

This is such a super fun mini. Great idea to leave room for your daughter to add her own stuff to it too. :)

Chris Patterson said...

I love this little book..I'm going to making one myself..thanks for the inspiration and I hope Lauren enjoys filling up this little treasure.

Iris said...

Very clever and cute mini book. What a fun treat for your daughter. Iris

Christine Kiehl said...

Your daughter is going to have a big toothy grin over this little book mama made her! How sweet! I love it. Thank you for sharing on the hop with a new visitor and follower. jellybeankahler @ yahoo.com

The Woods People said...

What a fun idea!!

Kray said...

This is so cute!

Charlene said...

Great idea!! Bet your little scholar can't to go to c
School now,

Cindy Margosian said...

Love this and I love your site!

Jennifer said...

Oh goodness! I love this!!! :) you did such a great job! And I love the vintage feel of Samantha's A to Z Collection!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing,

Jennifer
Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Scrapfaire said...

That is adorable! I hope you will post it after your daughter fills it up!