December 19, 2012

CardMaker Blog Hop-For You, From Me Gift Card Holders

The countdown is ON!  I hope you are ready for Christmas- We lost power ALL DAY yesterday, school was canceled and one kid stayed home, and then woke up to snow today.  Lesson learned...don't put it off! ;)  Today we are sharing last minute gift card holders.

For my gift card holder, I created a simple shaped pocket card using Spellbinders Curved Rectangle dies.  The actual card only measure 4 1/2 X 3" in size.  Using the same dies, I cut a smaller piece from the Simple Stories Handmade Holiday line, wrapped some gold cord around and adhered using 3D Foam Squares.  I die cut the oval from the same line, and dressed it up with some of the card stock stickers (also from that line) and some fun flair, then adhered it with 3D Foam Squares also.

On the inside, I kept it pretty simple- I stamped the sentiment, and then ripped the ends off the patterned paper strip to mimic washi tape.  (there's quite a few pieces of look-alike washi tape in this collection, I just love it!!)

To create the pocket, cut/emboss the Curved Rectangle Megabilities, and cut in half.  (You want your gift card to be peeking out!!! ;)  Simply place a small line of adhesive around the bottom and side edges to create the pocket, allowing it to slip in. 

Make sure to check out the gift card holders from the rest of the ladies today:

Products:
Handmade Holiday line from Simple Stories
Borders and Sentiments from Avocado Arts Stamps
Curved Rectangles, Classic Ovals Small from Spellbinders Paper Arts
Merry Flair from BossyJoscie
Bamboo Leaves Memento ink from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko
E-Z Runner, 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
gold cord

enjoy!! Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this die shape as a pocket! Great design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

How clever of you to use a diecut for a card holder. I can do that too. LOL I love the simplicty of this but it still rings of festivity too. Thanks for sharing.

Jingle said...

VERY cute! Love the Joscie flair! :)

Carolyn King said...

So fun! Love the shape of your holder. Sounds like fun times at your house :) ha!

Maria said...

very pretty

Jennie said...

Fab gift card holder and love how you used the die!

Brooke said...

This is a great holder! I love how you made the patterned paper look like washi tape!

Sherry Butcher said...

Good idea and most of us have different die cut we could use to make it up in a flash! TFS.

Glenda J said...

This is lovely! Great use of the dies and I love how you combined the sentiment.

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely creation. TFS

Wanda Cullen said...

Creative use of a die shape for the pocket card! Beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

This is so cute AJ! Love the little pocket and the fun merry button on the outside too!

Ivanka said...

I love this idea! I will have to remeber to use my die cuts more often. Love the little pocket.

ali naqvi said...

That is so cute--Looks great on the green background!! HOW can i make my own Plastic business cards