January 23, 2013

May Arts & CardMaker Magazine Blog hop time!



Welcome to the CardMaker and May Arts ribbon blog hop! You should have come here from Charlene Driggs blog, if not head back to the CardMaker blog and start at the beginning so you don't miss a thing!


For my card today, I decided to use some of this fabulous Blue 1 1/2" Houndstooth ribbon for the base of my design.  (going to be ordering some in every color- I LOVE it!)  I first stamped the yellow frame onto my white panel, and then adhered to the ribbon from the backside of the white panel.  I then layered some red striped twill and some yellow twill on top.  The twills are my favorite ribbon of all!  I then adhered the panel to the card using 3D Foam Tape.  I attached my die cut and sentiment, and adhered some gems.


 Also,  there is a giveaway today!!  May Arts will be giving away four spools of winner’s choice. Giveaway details can be found on the May Arts blog


Make sure to head on over to Sandy Allnock's blog next!
-->


Stamps- Avery Elle
Memento Inks- IMAGINE Crafts Tsukineko
3D Foam Squares & Crafty Foam Tape- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
May Arts ribbon as listed above
Pin It Now!

44 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...love all the colors!

Charlene said...

Loving the new houndstooth on this cute card!

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Sue D said...

I like the colors and patterns of ribbon you used!

Jennie said...

Love those colors AJ and great design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What an awesome card. Those ribbons are to die for and really set the mood for this card.

Melanie said...

These ribbons look great together, what a happy design!

Glenda J said...

Great colours and fabulous CAS design. So cheerful!

Tami Mayberry said...

Love the colors! REally wanting to get my hands on the striped twill and houndstooth. I was afraid the 1 1/2" might be a little wide for cards but it does make a great border. TFS! Hope you're doing well <3

Scraps said...

Oooh, the little bit of sparkle that the gems add is just the right touch!

itzamitzi said...

What a beautiful, simplistic card! The little gems add just the right touch.

conil said...

Was thrilled to see this houndstooth on a card and you pulled it off so well.

Becky Dunham said...

Sweet card AJ! i love the colors and textures you chose :)

Denise Bryant said...

Fun card! I love the layering and all the ribbons you chose!
DeniseB

seau said...

I love the colors on your card and the lay out is adorable. TFS.

Michele Clay said...

You had me at "houndstooth". Love.

Sherry Butcher said...

Like the layers, colors and ribbon on your cute card. TFS.

Carolyn King said...

Love it Aj!

Ravengirl said...

AJ, this looks marvelous! I love the layered ribbon look!

Camille Short said...

Perfect!

Its In Our Hands said...

What fun!

Chris said...

Love your ribbon choice!

Ivanka said...

Love the layered ribbon and the fab colors!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fab card, Aj! Love your ribbon combo!

by belle said...

Great colors!!!

Christy Q @ SchnauzerCrafts Creations said...

Love, love the bold look of your card and the mixed ribbons.

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Ohhh, I love this! The colors are fabulous!

Emily Keaton said...

Totally fun! I adore those bright colors :-)

Marianne Barkman said...

AJ...i love your card...CAS yet full of color! Thanks for sharing

Trudi said...

Great card, I really need to get my hands on some of that striped twill. Thanks for sharing!

Emily H said...

How fun is this! Love it!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great to see that new ribbon in action.. love the bit of bling too.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great to see that new ribbon in action.. love the bit of bling too.

~Tammy~ said...

Love the bright and fun colors!

marylouh said...

Love your choice of ribbons. They are my favorites also. Great card.

Operation Write Home said...

Love the clean and simple design!

Donna Nuce said...

Such a bright and cheery card. That houndstooth ribbon is cool.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that ribbon combo/layering! Great card!

Gretchen Wilson said...

I love all ribbon you chose. It's a fun card.

Carmen Nuland said...

What a lovely card!

niconick said...

Love your card! And those ribbons--wow!!

jen said...

Love this- and can't wait to get my hands on that new ribbon!! :)

Michele Gross said...

Love that houndstooth ribbon! Yummy card :)

Chrissy said...

I am loving the twill and the chevron! Cute card!