March 16, 2013

AIR - All Purpose Inks Splatter technique


Hello! I am excited to share my first IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko AIR post with you today- AND I participated in Tiff's fun Mix-ability challenge over at SCS!  Her challenge was to get splatter-ific.
And IMAGINE Crafts/Tsuiknekos All Purpose Inks are just perfect for it!


Spray's seem to be everywhere now- and come in every color.  I used my All Purpose Inks to create the splatter background following Tiff's suggestion of using a paintbrush. 


If you haven't played with the API (all purpose inks) before, they are pretty dang fun!  Here I have Poppy Red, Tangelo, & Peony Purple.  I loaded my well with a few drops of water and a few drops of ink.  (I literally just scooped was in the lid into the well.)  I then swished my paintbrush around in it and flicked it onto my card front until I liked the final result.  You can also use them with a paintbrush to color in images as well.  *Note- cover your work area when splattering, it can get a bit messy. but in a good way! ;)

To finish off my card, I chose a few ink colors that would complement the purple/red/orange combo I already committed to! ;)  I stamped the flower base in Pear Tart, and the flowers in Grape Jelly Memento inks.  I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  To finish it off, I added a ribbon tab, and some washi tape on the right side.

There's still time to play along in Tiff's challenge- and a new Mix-Ability happens next week! :)

enjoy!

Stamps: Avery Elle Petals & Stems
Paper: Neenah White cardstock
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine; All Purpose Ink in Poppy Red, Peony Purple, Tangerine; Memento inks in Pear Tart & Grape Jell, IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko
Accessories: Washi Tape, Red ribbon, Spellbinders dies.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Thanks for the tip...

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty! Love this look.

Tenia Nelson said...

Uh oh.....must get those all purpose inks....lol!!! LURVE this card, Miss Lady!!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely fabulous!