April 16, 2013

AIR Post, Get Well Soon




 I'm back again with more Fireworks Craft Ink Spray fun! *Warning, this is a photo heavy post. ;)


 I have been spraying everything possible with my Fireworks Craft Ink Sprays-(including various parts of my office! ;)  and wanted to show you some more of what you can do with them.  I have used them for making backgrounds several times now, and today, I am using them to color my flowers.  I have die cut several flower and leaves from my Spellbinders dies.  On my craft mat, I have a spare piece of card stock laying down- I often use it to check color combos, or my nozzle.  If it's heavy or splotchy, I would prefer if happen on my scrap paper first.  If it does come out splotchy, simply open the top, and place back on and it corrects itself.  I start with spraying my leaves with Pear Tart.

I follow up with light mists of Bamboo Leaves, and then finish them off with a few light sprays of Cottage Ivy for some fun contrast.



 Next I start spraying flowers- I'm not sure what I want yet, so I try several colors and combos to see what happens.  This is the most fun- just spray and see how it turns out.  Here I am spraying the Lady Bug.  (If you have some type of card board box, that would be best... just sayin'.  ;)


This one is sprayed with Cantaloupe.  I decide I want a bit more contrast in my color-

 so here I smoosh my Cantaloupe flower around in the Lady Bug splatter still on my work mat.

 Moving on to Lu Lu Lavender.  Again I decide it needs a bit of contrast, and I end up spritzing it with Grape Jelly as well.
For this flower, I try something different- I sprayed the backside of the box with Lilac Posies, and let just the mist fall onto the flower for a very spritzed looking effect.


 I love the stippling it created doing it this way. 


 After having more fun than I should have spraying inks onto things, I now have several different flowers and leaves to choose from.


 I happen to like the Cantaloupe/LadyBug mix, the Lilac Posies, & the Lulu Lavender/Grape Jelly flowers are what I want to use today.  And the paper with the splotches on it looks like a perfect fit!

My finished card- leaves are attached with Dodz adhesive dots, and the flowers are popped up with 3D Foam Squares.  


I hope you get a chance to start playing with Fireworks!  I also have a giveaway courtesy of the awesome folks over at IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko here if you are looking to try some!

enjoy!

Stamps- Avery Elle
Spellbinders dies
Crate Patterned paper
KaiserCraft Rhinestones
Tuxedo Black ink, & Fireworks Craft Ink Sprays in Cantaloupe, Lady Bug, Grape Jelly, Lulu Lavender, Pear Tart, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, & Lilac Posies from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko


Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Carol Gibson said...

More fireworks. Love your card.

Mary Ann said...

Awesome card!Thanks for sharing...

Laurie said...

Super cute!!

Ravengirl said...

Nice work AJ!

Becky Dunham said...

Wow AJ, I love this technique! My favorite flower is the canteloupe and ladybug combination, but I LOVE those leaves! I can see myself playing for hours with these :) Thanks for sharing your creative genius!

Becky said...

Love your card! I am definitely going to have to get me some of these firework sprays now!

Cheryl Depler said...

All of these are great! Thanks.