May 6, 2013

Hello!




Hello!  Today I am sharing a fun way to create an hombre effect with your inks and Spellbinders dies.

For my card today, I stenciled through my die cut with the NEW IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Rose Bud to create a fun hombre styled background.

 I jsut want a strip wider than my black square, so I mask off both sides with scratch paper.  I die cut my pink cardstock with the Spellbinders Basic Lattice expandable patterns die template and taped it to my cardstock with removable tape.

 I mask off the second side and use a piece of washi tape to hold it down for no other reason than it was closer than the removable tape! ;)  Dab the IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Jumbo Daubers™
onto the pad and gently tap down onto the die cut, careful not to wipe.  This ink is so smooth and fluid it blends really nice, and any side ways movement will cause it to smear. 

 I start at the bottom and work my way up, laying a bit more ink down on the one edge, and less on the opposite edge. Just dabbing as I go, and adding more ink as needed.  Move the tape up as you move along so it's not masked off in that area.

You can see where the ink coverage is darker towards the edge and slightly lessens.

Remove the masks and the die cut, and you are ready to finish your card.  I let this sit a minute or two (It's has a super fast set) while I finished the sentiment and other die cut before adding the twine.  Make sure to heat set it if you are unable to wait!

 enjoy!!

IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Rose Bud
IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Jumbo Daubers™
Spellbinders dies
Gina K Stamps
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, AJ, this card is simply elegant. Love the beautiful hombre effect. Thank you for sharing. ^_^

Dianne Steele said...

I love the hombre effect gives me ideas....thanks for sharing

dianne m

miatagal said...

Love, lovely card, AJ! Thanks for sharing!!