May 16, 2013

You Inspire Me








Hola!

I'm back with another card for this month's artist in residence post- today I am using several different inks to create a few custom colors for my card!! :)



For my card today, I started with several Spellbinders dies for my inspiration.  After cutting/embossing each one, I left them in the die template to ink through with my IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento™ Dye inks using the IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Daubers™.
For the top butterfly, I inked the inside of the butterfly with Dandelion, and while still wet, I started adding Lady Bug and blended it into the Dandelion color.  Working quickly while the ink is still wet, it blends nicely to create an orange hue in between the two colors.
I did the same thing with the following butterflies, starting with the Cantaloupe on the middle one, and working out to Teal Zeal.  The last butterfly I started with the Bahama Blue, and blended into the Sweet plum.  I love the rainbow effect it came out with.

enjoy!

IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®- Memento™ Dye inks Full SIze ink pad in Teal Zeal, Sweet Plum, Bahama Blue, Lady Bug, Cantaloupe, Dandelion & IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® VersaFine™ Archival Pigment ink Onyx Black
IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® Sponge Daubers™
Stamps- Lawn Fawn; Spellbinders dies;  My Minds Eye patterned paper






Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very pretty...

barbara macaskill said...

Beautiful!