June 24, 2013

I'm so proud of you





Good Morning! We are heading back home from a LONG weekend in Idaho-
And somehow, in all the CHAOS of the planning for this trip, end of year sports, and end of the year school stuff I managed to get my card done!

One of my most favorite things about inks is all the fun things you can do with it BESIDES stamp. The watercolor look seems to be everywhere these days- and for those of us who may not have the stamps that create it, or the actual watercolors them selves (like me ;) you can improvise.  For my card today, I stamped with ink...(sounds odd when you say it...since we always stamp with ink! ;)  



 Here's a few photos of how I did it-  Ink your dew drop onto your block, mist, and stamp.  Now, you can wet it lots of just a wee bit, this will determine just how much of a "watercolor" look you get.


 I inked up all three colors a few times, adding a bit here and there until I was happy with the results.  Make sure to use quality card stock if you aren't using watercolor paper!
When my panel was dry, I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine ink and popped it up onto my embossed card front!



 Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento™ Ink Dew Drops in Dandelion, Teal Zeal, & Lady Bug.
 Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® VersaFine™ Archival Pigment ink in Onyx Black
Stamps- Gina K Designs
Spellbinders M-Bossabilities
rhinestones
thread

enjoy!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Jingle said...

This is VERY pretty!

Angelica Chambers said...

I didn't know u could use water with the dew drops to do this! This is awesome!

Seth said...

Really cool technique AJ. Thanks!!