July 16, 2013

For You





Warning...this is a photo heavy post! :)
Today I went WAY out of my box and played with Imagine Crafts® Creative Medium™.


My card today was an experiment for sure.  Playing with this stuff is a bit out of my comfort zone, but it was fun.  

 To start, I taped down my mask.  I just took a squeegee and smeared around the Creative Medium, trying to keep it somewhat of an even layer.

I decided to coved the whole mask just in case.  I pulled the mask of while it was still wet to avoid ruining it too much.  

I then set it out in the sun to dry.  This is what it looks like when all finished- (I think I will do it again and leave it white, I like how it looks! ;)


I decided to add a bit of color, so I inked up a Blusher using Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media pigment Ink.
Reapply ink to sponge as needed and cover the front of your die cut.  Wait just a few moments, and then wipe off excess ink.  The Creative Medium resists the ink leaving a pearly shimmery white design.




Of course, I got curious- so I decided to try using it another way- Make your own colored medium.  Place a dab of the Creative Medium in a well, and add a few drops of All Purpose Ink and mix well.

Be careful not to add too much ink, it will make it too thin, and just a tad harder to use with this particular stencil.

Here you can see, I just did the middle, but am debating doing a different color on each row...  I haven't decided if I like the resist or color my own better.

Imagine Crafts® Creative Medium™Shimmer
Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment Ink in Bahama Blue
Imagine Crafts® Mini Squeegee™
Imagine Crafts® InkBlushers™
Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® All-Purpose Ink™in Lemon Yellow
Imagine Crafts® Ink Droppers™
Stamps, Sequins- Avery Elle
Spellbinders dies
3D Foam Squares- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

enjoy! Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Pandora said...

Such a great effect! Thanks for sharing the technique!

Sonya said...

Awesome effect!!! Love your card!

ddlady said...

AJ, I loved your card. I just don't if I would want to tackle it.

Peggie Medeiros said...

Great card wonderful work