July 24, 2013

Oh Happy Day


Happy Hump Day said the camel on tv! ;)
 It's another amazingly gorgeous day here in the Pacific Northwest and we are out frolicking around in the sun while we can.

I have a fun card today using Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko® Memento Luxe™ Mixed Media Pigment inks and Spellbinders new Criss Cross Expandable pattern.

First I created my own stencil using a piece of transparency paper from the office supply store.  I die cut the pattern, and then popped out all the little pieces before temporarily adhering it to my card stock.

 I started with Love Letter and an Ink Blusher™ to apply the ink through my stencil.  Just a few light dabs on the ink pad are plenty! I inked through a few lines completely, and then partially through the next.  I want the colors to blend in to each other.

 Next I used Dandelion and started where the red left off, blending them together a bit to create an orange hue before the yellow.
 I repeated the process with Pear Tart before moving on to Bahama Blue, making sure to blend the colors together as I work.

 Lastly, I finished off the bottom corner with Sweet Plum.

 After you pull off your homemade stencil, you get this.  I rinsed my home made stencil off right away, and it came clean and is ready to used next time.
to finish my card off, I stamped the sentiment using StazOn® in Jet Black on the transparency.

enjoy!

Stamps- Oh Happy Day from Avery Elle

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Gorgeous card! I love the tutorial on how you created this. thanks for sharing, love the outcome!
Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

calamity jane said...

Very cool!! I've learned something new today..thanks to you! When I get this piece from Spellbinders I'll try something like this!!