August 19, 2013

Smile

Happy Monday!

This week the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft team is sharing projects using Penny Blacks stamps, and offering up a prize as well! ;)


The artistry of Penny Black stamps and Creative Dies along with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's colorful Mix and Match mediums take the mystery out of the oh-so-trendy mixed media look! All this week we’ll be sharing projects using Penny Black stamps.  Check out their crafts HERE and leave them some comment love for a chance to win three stamps from their newest release, Colorful Christmas.  Don’t forget to leave a comment on the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft blog too for a chance to win a $50 prize pack! 








I decided to try using the Stampers Big Brush pens to color with- You can use them to ink up your stamp, but I hadn't used them in the traditional marker way and thought I would give it a go!

I stamped my image using VersaFine ink first, and then began to color using the Cadmium Yellow #107.  I colored all the open petal areas, leaving the striped outline empty for contrast.

Next, I colored the striped leaf parts with my Light Green #171, again leaving the striped outline bare.

I finished the bottom of the leaves with the May Green #170.

To create my sentiment, I used the Stampers Big Brush pen in Black #199 and inked just the word Smile from the bottom of the sentiment stamp.  These markers are awesome for selective inking on stamps!  

Make sure to head over to the Penny Black blog and the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft blog for a chance to win!


Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafts Products used:
Stampers Big Brush Pen's in May Green #170, Light Green #171, Cadmium Yellow #107, & Black #199
Penny Black stamps- Floral Applique & Lifes Messages
VersaFine Onyx Black ink from Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®
Crafty Foam Tape- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Gemstones, washi tape

Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Victoria H. said...

Oh how pretty! Love the bright colors and sentiment....thanks for the great tutorial too.

Ava Gavloski said...

nice presentation and showcasing of the big markers

steph said...

Very pretty card.

richardbreaks said...

Terrific card! Fantastic colors.

Scrap2day said...

I pinned the marker tip! so so cool...I have never been to your blog. I found it on the StampTV Blog hop but I am now following it on bloglovin and will be back to check it out. You have such great tips!! I want to see more :o)

Angie said...

Beautiful card! Love the bright flower and the fun washi!

Jingle said...

This is such a pretty card!

TLady said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this STAMP!!!!!!!! AND those Faber-Castell MARKERS!!!!!! :) SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card AJ :)

Sande said...

Love your card and the stamp. A big fan of Faber-Castell products after taking a few classes.

Greg said...

Just gorgeous, love the trim, and the colors can just be anything and it will look amazing. Again it just pops

Laura Turcotte said...

So darn pretty!!!

laurakeith@yahoo.ca