September 16, 2013

Dear Santa!



Ok,  I agree....it's a little too early for Christmas cards...but I had this Stampendous Stamp, and a challenge from out fearless user to use it....so I did!


I've never really been a fan of coloring in images, mostly because I lack the patience to do it like all the experts.  ;)  For my card, I colored in most of the image, and then thought I would add a bit of depth and dimension by paper piecing some elements also.

I first stamped the whole image using VersaFine™in Onyx Black onto my white card stock.  This is my go to ink for all things black! 


 To paper piece the teddy bear, I found some striped patterned paper that would work well, and since the image can be seen on the backside of the cling, I only need to ink up that portion and stamp it.
I repeated with the presents once on green, 

and again on the flip side of the green paper.  Once all the images were stamped, cut them out and mount to your project.  I then stamped the sentiment, trimmed and mounted to the card as well.  I finished it off with a liberal dusting of Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Sparkle for added sparkle! ;)

enjoy!!

Ink- VersaFine™ Archival Pigment ink in Onyx Black from Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®
Sheer Shimmer Spritz™ Craft Spray in Sparkle- Imagine Crafts®
patterned papers, copic markers, Scrapbook Adhesivses by 3L 3D Foam Squares & E-Z Runner™ Adhesives


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

richardbreaks said...

LOVE the paper piecing! So great!

Jingle said...

This is so pretty, AJ!

Bella Carta at Art 'n Soul said...

AJ, very cute and very clever!