September 24, 2013

Sending you a harvest of wishes


Happy Fall- it's full on fall weather here, I think our normal Indian Summer month of September has sadly not happened this year.  We switched gears just a little too early in my opinion, I'm not quite ready for fall and all that follows.


The upside of fall is more crafting time- and using the warm fall colors!  I decided to use some of my favorite craft ink sprays for my card today.  

I chose my color scheme based on the patterned paper strip I used, and wanted to bring out the blue.  I stamped my sentiment from the Gina K Designs Grateful Heart Stamp TV kit in VersaMagic™ Ocean Depth.

Then to add the ink splatters, instead of spraying, I removed the lid and flicked the end of the nozzle with my finger.  Here is the Bamboo Leaves Fireworks! Craft Ink spray.

I then repeated the process with the Desert Sand color, again flicking the tip of the nozzle.   (*note-you can also spray these, they usually spray on in a well covering even spray which wasn't the look I was trying to achieve here.)

Ocean Depth VersaMagic™ Chalk Pigment Ink from Imagine Crafts®/Tsukineko®
Stamps- Grateful Heart Gina K Designs
Crafty Power Tape, 3D Foam Squares- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
patterned paper- Lily Bee designs
burlap paper- DCWV


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Jingle said...

Oh, I LOVE this, AJ! This is so pretty!

Laurie said...

This card is gorgeous! WOW! I love the leaves and I totally love the splatter! I am going to get brave....and try this! Thanks for the tip!