March 16, 2015

CardMaker Blog hop with Sakura



Welcome!  Today the CardMaker Blog team is hopping using Sakura of America's products.



My card today focuses on the Gelly Roll Classic White pen.  I created my background using the white pen and a ruler.  The pen writes really well onto colored card stock, better than any other white gel pen I have used.  I decided to leave it a bit off-kilter and not complete the whole background, and i like the end result!  I can see myself using this for more backgrounds in the future. ;)
I popped up my flowers and highlighted a few of the middle stamen pieces with the Clear Glaze pens to add a little detail and depth to them.

I am the LAST stop on the hop today, if you missed anyone, make sure to head back through and check out everyones projects!

* you are here* AJ Otto: http://thewillowgarden.blogspot.com/

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Anita said...

This this stunning AJ. I love the background. Hugs.

Lois said...

Love the lines!!! Your card is so bright and cheery.

Nancy said...

Love this result! Thanks for the inspiration!

Amanda Rhodes said...

I love the sentiment and the brightness of your card! I just became a new follower.

Laura Pryor said...

This is just so incredibly bright and cheery! That little touch of having one flower stem go over the sentiment just made this whole design perfection! You've managed to really make this set shine, AJ! Thank you so much.
Laura
Lil' Inker Designs

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

Exquisite! I love the design, colors,...everything. What a fresh look!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oh how beautiful! I love the lines in the background what a fabulous and ah ha idea!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, AJ! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jingle said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the colors!!! SO happy!

Teresa Arsenault said...

A simple yet elegant design.

Brooke said...

Pretty card, AJ!

karenajo said...

Love the added dimension with the white lines on the background. These pens give amazing added zing to so many details. Thanks for sharing !

andre leo said...

nice post,

sediaobatperangsang.com

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card! I love the bright, happy yellow and you did an awesome job on the white lines!