May 8, 2015

Thanks for being Awesome using @lilinkerdesigns

The other day I finally took a moment and colored all my watercolors in my journal to get a better idea of the real color.


I saw a post a while back from a mixed media artist who says she never wastes anything, and it got me thinking about just watching all that amazing color get washed out as I dumped the brush back into the water.
So instead of just washing the color off, in between changing colors I decided to start wiping the excess color off onto a piece of card stock I had.  And the end result was this.  I added an embossed sentiment from Lil' Inkers and one of their die cuts, mounted on to black card stock then on to a base and done!  I just love how it turned out.   I need to repeat it with blues and greens I think!

eta: I'm adding this to the Monthly meet up challenge over at Lil' Inkers blog!

enjoy! :) Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What a pretty card! Love your awesome watercolored background!

Laura Pryor said...

Spectacular!! Your background is so pretty and I love how you highlighted the awesome word die from underneath. Love!! Thank you so very much for playing around. I'm loving your designs!!

Sarah said...

I've always wished I could do something cool with the paper towels I blot my watercolor brushes on, because they end up so pretty. I love that you used paper so that you could turn it into a gorgeous card!