May 28, 2015

Thinking of you

Hello- Happy Thursday!

I am sharing this card over on the CardMaker Blog today for a U Inspire me post on finding inspiration in either art, home decor, or fashion, etc.  Check out the CardMaker blog to see my inspiration piece.


I thought I would also share here, and the super simple way I did the background.

To create the background, it starts with just these three Art GRIP® Aquarelles and watercolor paper.  It'a all done by building layers of color and adding little by little.  I lightly colored the whole sheet with the lightest of the blue, then went over it with a wet paintbrush to bring it to life.
You can see my cheat sheet underneath.  I have wet and dry samples to see actual color.

 Next I want to add the varying colored striations, so I am using a scratch piece of watercolor paper, and I scribble the colors onto this sheet and pick them up with a wet paintbrush.  If your color is too intense, you can always lighten it with more water.

I would let it sit and dry just a tad, and can add color directly onto the paper this way also, I tend to be heavy handed when I color, so I prefer the blended look from using a scratch paper.  The other fun way to add color is to lightly wet your paper, and then VERY lightly drag the pencil through the wetness and it leaves beautiful streaks.

Another fun trick is you can do is to mix them on your scratch paper.  I colored both colors here to get a different color to add.

You just build layers of color little by little until you are happy with the results.  Sometimes less is more, and it's hard to stop! ;)  I have never got the Copic coloring skill down, but I love watercoloring.  Not only is it slightly therapeutic, it's easy and VERY forgiving.

To finish the card off, I adhered it to a Kraft card base, added a few die cut flowers, and my sentiment.  I also added a few touches of gold from a Wink of Stella pen.

enjoy!!



Art GRIP® Aquarelle Water Color Pencils Blue (#143, #154, and #153)- Design Memory Craft by Faber-Castell; Stamps- Laurels, Avery Elle; Dies- S6-033 Marisa’s Bouquet –Spellbinders; Crafty Foam Tape from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®; Wink of Stella pen in Gold, Zig; Watercolor paper, cardstock.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

VanessaB said...

pretty!